Back in January I cried out for help regarding my need to get organized. It appeared that I wasn't the only one crying out for some order in my life and home, it was so comforting to know. I received so many good advice, tools and examples from you. Your help on this topic has been incredible. Thank you for all your support.
Today I thought I would share my little Bathroom Make Over. I'm not sure if it is much of a make over or just a clean up... However, the result is 10 times better than it was before so the satisfaction of transforming this space to pretty, functional and nice bathroom, is reward enough for my efforts. I used as much as possible of what I have (although it was tempted to go out and spend a few hundred bucks on a total new bathroom set up!!! But the whole idea was to use what I have and be smart so...) And here is what I did:
TIME: I spent approx 2 hours
COST: Fresh flowers 15-20 dollars
BEST THING: The flowers transformed it all!
SECOND BEST THING: The cute containers for cotton pads and cleaning products. Even the razers look good in a glass jar with a lace trim on. :) The small jars and containers are great for neat storage and function.
1. I emptied the shelf unit, bathroom cabinet and baskets in a big box.
2. I took some soap and water in a bucket, a sponge and toothbrush and got scrubbing
3. I scrubbed everything down, wiped and cleaned
4. I sorted all the stuff in my box, throwing everything old/broken/not useful
5. I collected some cute bowls and glass jar from around the house to use for storage
6. I bought a flower. A real flower. We'll see how long it will survive with my "plant killer" hands...
7. I also added a vase of tulips. I think that was the most refreshing thing to do!!!
8. I pimped up my little dresser with a false flower and some cute soaps I had as decoration.
9. I vacuumed and dusted.
10. I changed to clean carpets and towels and the magic was done.
THINGS I STILL WANT TO DO:
• Add a drawer knob to the dresser I found at the garbage center and add a new decoration paper to it.
• Take down the bathroom cupboard and put up a nice big wooden framed mirror with a shelf.
• Crochet a new bathroom mat in blue and white!
My messy basket is still standing untouched in a corner though... I will get to that soon. One thing at a time... I'm getting there and after doing my little Bathroom Make Over I'm inspired to tackle some more nasty corners in my home. Wish me luck! :)